Rensource Energy is a leading renewable energy and merchant services company revolutionizing energy provision in Africa by building and operating clean energy-based micro utilities.
It is Nigeria’s fastest-growing provider of off-grid energy, powering the productivity of small and medium-size enterprises.
We work together with a Nigeria-based development team to be fully integrated with the services they provide.
When creating the scope of the Spaces mobile web application for Rensource Energy, we integrated numerous local Api’s and services such as:
“Africa Talking”(allowing the ability to send and receive SMS and USSD calls);
“FlutterWave Api” (adding the ability to do operations with local credit cards and bank accounts, the ability to send bills for services and payments, “mobile Airtime”, DSTV, etc.).
The core tech stack that we utilized:
- Back-end: Java8, Spring, PostgreSql, AWS hosted solutions:
– We created a Swagger-documented Rest-full Api which can integrate with a number of local African third parties.
– We also implemented the ability of in-house authorization from swagger.ui so the user does not need third party tools.
– We created a simple way for customers to sign-up and sign-in.
In the initial step, the application can collect mobile phone numbers only.
– For meet customers’ needs, we implemented addition sign-in channels.
For example, if customers have a “do not disturb” mode activated on their mobile phones, they have the ability to send the registration code in USSD or Whatsapp with further additional data requests during their journeys through the app.
- Front-end: modern ReactJS framework and progressive web app approach.
The approach simplified the installation of the app for customers with Android OS and iOS without developing a native application for each operating system. Ultimately, this approach reduced support costs and saved Rensource Energy time.